Ya'll have to listen to my latest recommendation. LVL Lashes... guys!
These are my before and after pictures I look in my car. I look twice as awake (yes maybe because I had woken up a bit more after my early appointment) but please. I'm no beauty blogger by any means.
This was the first time I had gotten LVL lashes. It took about an hour in total and the women and men who do these lashes are nothing short of witches and wizards of the beauty world. These are my own lashes! My own! When she showed me the mirror after she had finished I felt like a Disney character. One flutter of these bad boys was about to start a tidal wave.
I want to give a shout out to Houghton Cuts in Durham who blessed me with this gift. I'll talk to you through the stages and why I believe this is the future of beauty (even if I did get to it late!). It's worth saying that I did have to go in a few days before hand to get a patch test, as this was my first time.
1) My eyelashes were cleaned and prepped.
2) My lower lashes were secured down, we don't want those little guys pointing up to the sky too!
3) I had a weird mini chicken fillet for the eye stuck to my eyelid, this is so my upper lashes can be stuck on and shaped with a scoop up to the heavens.
4) The first layer of perm solution was added and I lay on the heated bed in comfort for about 12 minutes (don't quote me, I can not remember the correct time).
5) After that had cooked the activator goes on, and then I lay in wait again for about 14 minutes.
6) Once all this is finished the solution is wiped off and then the tint is applied. This only takes about 4 minutes, depending on how dark you want your lashes to look.
7) Wola! You're done and ready to slay the world!
This then lasts 8 weeks!!! 8 weeks!!! I was gobsmacked when she said that. We all know those fake lashes need infilled after 2 - 4 weeks. Revolutionary. As with any perm, DO NOT get your lashes wet for 24 hours. If you do your lashes will drop. Aint no body got time for that!
So there you have it folks, LVL Lashes are pure magic in my eyes. On the other hand... maybe this is the Disney character I'm really projecting...